There are 6 matches in the Premier League for Gameweek 35 this coming weekend. That means only 12 of the 20 clubs will play and have players who can score points for your fantasy lineup.
Leading into Gameweek 34, we have you our all-double-gameweek squad -- something that likely didn't work out for you as much as you would have liked. I (Scott) have always said on our podcast that double gameweeks are overrated.
But I digress. This week, I am feeling negative, so for this post, I have listed the 12 clubs playing this weekend, from top to bottom in the Premier League table. Next to each one is a reason why you should not play any players from that club. Enjoy. Or don't. Doesn't matter to me.
- Manchester City - Now that they have clinched the title, do you have any certainty about who will actually play this weekend? Yeah, me neither.
- Liverpool - With an all-important Champions League semifinal first leg match in the next midweek, the top 4 essentially clinched for next year, and West Brom as the GW35 opponent, they might play a B team.
- Arsenal - We will give you Aubameyang, but only because he is not eligible for the Europa League match in the next midweek. After that? Your guess is as good as mine.
- Burnley - You don't know which striker will play and score. Besides, you only have a defender and/or goalkeeper anyway, and they keep leaking goals.
- Everton - Big Sam.
- Newcastle - Ayoze Perez is only good for a 3-match run of form per season. His last 3? 7, 12, 12. Enough said.
- Watford - Remember all those Watford players you owned during the first half of the season? Have you been tempted to transfer them back in since?
- West Ham - Marko does not score against top clubs. If you believe that Arsenal is still a top club, you can't transfer him in now.
- Crystal Palace - If you listen to our pod, you know I'm in love with my Zaha/Luka midfield partnership. Still, they are 16th for a reason. How much trust can you place in a 16th-place team?
- Swansea - See Crystal Palace. Swap Alfie for Zaha, J. Ayew for Luka, and 17th for 16th.
- Stoke - Shaqiri is not worth it. I promise.
- West Brom - West Brom.
There you have it. That is what not to do and why not to do it. Good luck fielding a squad!